Sunday, December 28, 2008

Christmas 2008


What a great Christmas this year! The day the kids got out of school, the snow started falling and didn't stop. I've never seen so much snow in Saratoga. We were so excited .. the kids have been sledding and playing in the snow for hours and hours.



Rick and Mike decided to combine winter sports and water sports. They got out the knee board and the tube!





Isn't she a cute snow bunny!

Christmas Eve Pictures ...

We went to Rick's Aunt Jan's house for Christmas Eve dinner.


At my parent's Christmas eve party, Michele and Barry gave Mallory her first Build-a-Bear. She(Lucy) is now an official part of our family. We can't go anywhere without bringing "Lucy" along.

It was so funny .... Meg and Jeremy surprised Rick with his favorite Toy! A couple of months ago, Rick was talking about how annoyed he gets by loud toys. He told us all that he hid the "popper" toy from the kids for years. Every time he would get on the phone, the kids would be playing with this toy and he could not hear, so he would hide it from them. He had just come across this toy hidden at the top of one of our closets. He decided to finally throw this toy in the garbage and get rid of it once and for all. Well, Meg and Jeremy happened to be babysitting our kids on garbage day, and found the popper sticking out of the garbage can. They took it and wrapped it up to give to Rick for Christmas. He was totally shocked over this gift. We were all laughing pretty hard. Rick took the toy and threw it out my parents front door. It's the toy that never goes away.






A few days before Christmas, we had a fun gift exchange with some of the kids friends. What a cute bunch!



We set out Cookies for Santa on Christmas eve



Christmas Morning:
Some of Troy's favorite's.....



He got an IPOD shuffle! His favorite music right now is Elvis. He says he loves his deep voice.



Mallory's favorite was her talking doll house from Santa




Lindsie reading the note that Santa left....

Lindsie was so excited to get her "Just Like Me" American Girl doll



David and Lisa joined us for all the excitement. We're so glad they could come out for Christmas

Lindsie got a Kareoke Player ... David and Lisa impressed us with their amazing voices!All the adults spent the day putting together toys and reading instructions, instructions, and more instructions! Thank goodness for the wirecutters ... the packaging now days takes a college degree to get the toys out.


Santa brought a four car race track. We had some fun competitions with this!


We worked up an appetite after opening all those presents. Jacquie brought us all funny head bands to wear while we ate breakfast.

My parents, Meg, and Jeremy came over Christmas night. It had been snowing all day, so we were glad they made it here safely.


Meg is about 4 months pregnant -- She is due June 1st.

This picture makes me laugh just to look at it. Troy has this laugh that is so contagious. He was laughing so hard because Meg and Jeremy gave him a burping machine .... thanks Meg and Jer, that's all we needed is more of that around here.This was such a wonderful Christmas. The kids were all at perfect ages this year to really enjoy everything. I am so grateful for all that we have been blessed with and most of all for the birth of our Savior. It was so neat this year to help our children understand the importance of the Savior's birth and the true meaning of Christmas.








8 comments:

Anonymous said...

What darling pictures Margo. We all had so much fun and even though the snow made it hard to get around, it truly made it a beautiful Christmas! The kids will always remember this year and the big snowman they got to make. What a great way to end a great year. I love your blog. I am so glad we all LOVE one another. Love, Mom

jenn said...

I still can't get over the mounds of snow we have around here. It's unbelievable!

It looks like you all had a wonderful Christmas!

jenn said...

ps- that's so exciting that Meg is pregnant! I bet they are so happy. :)

Anonymous said...

Hey, thanks for adding the "Meg is pregnant" comment...I don't want people to think I'm just fat since I'm not showing yet :) That picture of Troy is hillarious, I am laughing just remembering how much he loved the burping machine! And Ricks suprise gift was a classic...when you can get Rick like that it's a good day!
Meg

Tavan said...

Great pics Margo! Looks like a bunch of fun around your house on Christmas Day. I love that you don't make your kids go anywhere on Cmas...we didn't have to go anywhere either and I loved that as kid! I love the gift that Meg gave Rick. Awesome.

Misty said...

What great pictures. Mike is pretty crazy on that 4-wheeler! I love that Troy likes Elvis - how cute!

Liz said...

I want a talking doll house. That is the cutest thing ever. And Chance is dying over the race track! This calls for a party at the Lybberts!!!! Congrats to Meg...that's awesome.

Lisa Erskine said...

Looks like a fun Christmas! I can't believe it's already come and gone...just like that!! I think I know what to get Rick for his B-Day...we have a popper around here somewhere! :)

ELVIS??? Tell Troy to come over here and listen to Caden's Ipod...we'll get him listening to some good stuff...afterall, we did get him into the Dallas Cowboys, right!