This Christmas we had the opportunity to be involved in a Sub-for-Santa program called the Santa Cause. Our good friends/neighbors started the Santa Cause when they realized how fortunate they were to be able to provide a Christmas for their own children. They decided to give to other families and what started out a small idea turned into something HUGE. The Santa Cause ended up helping around 85 families with a 4 month supply of food, clothes, and toys. It was so much fun to be involved -- our kids thought it was great to shop for the families and Troy and Lindsie also helped us wrap all the gifts. They hosted a fun night at the Gallivan Center where they held an auction and had ice skating. All the money went to the Santa Cause. It was such a great opportunity for our children, Rick and I to focus on others this holiday season.
Sunday, December 21, 2008
The Santa Cause
This Christmas we had the opportunity to be involved in a Sub-for-Santa program called the Santa Cause. Our good friends/neighbors started the Santa Cause when they realized how fortunate they were to be able to provide a Christmas for their own children. They decided to give to other families and what started out a small idea turned into something HUGE. The Santa Cause ended up helping around 85 families with a 4 month supply of food, clothes, and toys. It was so much fun to be involved -- our kids thought it was great to shop for the families and Troy and Lindsie also helped us wrap all the gifts. They hosted a fun night at the Gallivan Center where they held an auction and had ice skating. All the money went to the Santa Cause. It was such a great opportunity for our children, Rick and I to focus on others this holiday season.
Posted by margo at 1:05 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
Wow, that is great! Such a good cause and looks tons of fun! I love the very first pic of this post because there is someone in the background... clearly fell over with a wet bum!
Sounds like a great cause and a great time! I love the picture of you pushing your husband. haha!
That was a fun night! I still can't believe that I didn't win anything in the raffle. Oh well, there's always BINGO next year on the cruise! :) You'll be sad one day when I win a million!!!
Looks like alot of fun. We definately need to plan a time to go ice skating with ya.
Michele
That was such a great fundraiser. I can't believe how many families it helped this Christmas. Good for you guys for getting so involved. What an awesome community of caring people.
Looks like a great night. I'm amazed that what started as just one family wanting to help turned in to such a HUGE service project like that! Way cool.
Post a Comment