Monday, December 22, 2008

Christmas Tradition

My Grandma Murdoch was the greatest grandma that ever lived. Anyone who knew her would agree. She was such a neat lady and was loved by everyone. She has been gone now for the past four years. We have a tradition every Christmas to go hang an ornament on the tree at the mortuary. We hang a bright red ornament because red was her favorite color. Engraved on the ornament is her name and my grandpa's name. Grandma Murdoch loved Christmas time -- all of my childhood Christmas memories included her. It's fun to still have a memory of her each year. Thanks to my mom for getting us all together to share this fun tradition.




We take turns each year who gets to hang the ornament. This year Mallory was old enough to participate!



We love you Great Grandma Murdoch!


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I couldn't agree more Grandma was the best!!!! what fun memories. I'm still laughing about that picture of us by the tree. Now there is a new memory for us to laugh about. lol lol lol
love ya
Michele

Liz said...

That is so cute. What a great tradition and a good thing for your own children to hear.

Scha&Andi said...

She was THE BEST GRANDMA! I cannot tell you how many times Meg and I walked over to her house to listen to her stories and eat her treats! She was SO much fun! I LOVED her too! Glad you guys get to get together and do that! Merry Christmas! I saw your Card at my mom's house... so cute! We also watched the OLD ROAD SHOW it was SO funny! SO FUNNY!

jenn said...

What a sweet tradition to remember your sweet Grandma.