Sunday, January 11, 2009

Skiing

I'm convinced that in order to enjoy the Winter in Utah, you have to be a skiier. When you are a skiier, you get excited when the snow storms come and dump tons of snow because it equals fresh powder ski days. I'm so grateful that my parents invested in me learning to ski when I was young, and now it is my turn to invest in my children's skiing future! Lindsie learned to ski just after she learned to walk -- we realized that she really didn't have the coordination or determination until she was 4 or 5 years old, but it was fine because she was our only child so we could just concentrate on her. Troy started skiing when he was 3 years old and after one lesson he stopped whining and decided he could do it. Mallory is not invited to ski with us yet until maybe later this season -- when she is almost 4. This way we can concentrate on skiing with just Troy and Lindsie and they are doing great this year!
The kids are so excited this year because they finally get to use poles! In their minds, this makes them professionals.

Lindsie is working on bringing her skis into the parallel position when she turns!













Here is Troy trying to parallel -- he really got the hang of it by the end of the day.






Troy showing Rick how to get off the lift.





We are just missing Mallory here! I can't wait until she can come with us -- it is one of my dreams to have my whole family on the ski hill together!








8 comments:

Liz said...

Such a cute and sporty family! I can't wait until Mallory can ski either...that will be a riot! I want to go on her first day!

Anonymous said...

Great pictures. So fun to see my Grandchildren having fun with their parents gliding over the snow. The Greatest Snow on Earth!
It looks so fun!!!! We are glad your kids learned when you were young, we just wish we couold have joined you! You will reach your goal, Margo, it won't be long and Mallory will hit the slopes with you. Look out everybody, here comes Mallory. Love, Mom

Lisa Erskine said...

What a cute family on the slopes together! I need to get Brielle in a couple lessons...then maybe we can all go together...and leave Emery and Mallory home with a babysitter, of course! :)

Aimee said...

I totally agree that enjoying winter sports makes winter bearable. I really want to teach Zane, but figure it's a bit early for him. I would love some tips on how to teach the kiddies how to ski. All I know is they have to love it the first time or it's not going to be easy to try it again....so I'm all ears for how to do that!

jenn said...

I can't believe how cute your kids look all decked out in their snow gear. The little skis and poles are the best!

What a fun family you are. Your kids are so lucky to get to do such fun, sporty things together.

nickyfish said...

Where do you ski? We usually ski at Alta and they have great prices on year passes for the kids! When we get all our kids on the slopes, there is little that surpasses it! Happy skiing!

Anonymous said...

HEY MARGO WHAT A CUTE FAMILY I LOVE THE BLOG...SO CUTE ANY WAY JUST WANTED TO SAY HI

Anonymous said...

OH YA I GOT ABLOG SET UP NUT MU PICTURES ARE HUGE I NEED HELP...WHAT ELSE IS NEW.. HAHA