Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Sun Valley

The whole Gang, except the two Taras'


Wow -- What a fun trip we had in Sun Valley. We went with the Erskines, Morris', Andersons, Lobbs, Maxwells, and Rossows. It was mountain biking heaven. We did a new ride every day. The first day we did Fox creek over to warm springs. Sad to say, only about a mile into the ride, Tara fell off the side of the trail and managed to get a stick stuck through her knee. She spent the rest of the trip on crutches, on pain meds, and in and out of the hospital to get the infection drained. I felt so bad for her, but she was such a trooper. Bubba took her to the hospital and we finished the ride. As Lisa would say, "we climbed a freekin mountain." We had to keep reminding her (and ourselves)that once we got to the downhill part, it would all be worth it. It was quite a long and grueling climb!
The next two days we enjoyed two other rides: Fox Chocolate and Fisher creek. It was some of the best mtn biking ever! It was the Erskines and Tara Anderson's first mountain biking trip and they all did great=)

We stayed in an awesome condo -- right next to the ski mountain. We had such a fun time laughing (which is always the case when Bubba and Jason are around), eating the best food I've ever had (maximo burrito at Desperado Mexican resturant), shopping, swimming, and saw the movie mama mia.

Thanks to Meg and Jeremy for watching our kids. My kids had so much fun bonding with their aunt and uncle! They were busy swimming, going to the movies, and making forts. I think they wore Meg and Jeremy out completely!


I'm already looking forward to next year's Sun Valley trip!

9 comments:

Holly H. said...

What a fun trip! I really need to dust off my bike and get out there and ride. Let's do the Sundance thing we were talking about soon!

kristi said...

Next year...I hope. I better not say that considering how our last two summers have gone!

Liz said...

Looks like fun you little maniacs! I would like to go next time and be the cook or the house cleaner while you guys do your thing!!!! Thats what friends are for...always here to serve!

jenn said...

Aw, looks like fun! Sad we missed it. What a bummer about Tara's knee. That sounds awful! I'm with Kristi...maybe next year. :)

Love the last picture of the bikes. Look at you! I'm so impressed.

Misty said...

I can't believe that Holly has such a great bike and doesn't ride - CRAZY! It looks like you guys had an awesome time, but I feel so bad for Tara. Hope she is feeling better.

Misty said...

PS - I saw Rick at the store the other day and said "hi," but I don't think he knew or remembered who I was. Can you remind him that Holly has a sister that is only partially crazy and doesn't usually say "hi" to strangers in Home Depot?!

Lisa Erskine said...

That was such a fun trip...and that was a BIG freakin' mountain that we climbed!!! I still can't believe that I made it! I'm looking forward to going to Sun Valley again, soon! :)

H2O Girl said...

Hi Margo!

Jenn's here and has set me up with a great blog!!! I am trying to join the blogging world. Come and visit me at
waters-tribe.blogspot.com

See ya soon!
Tina

Unknown said...

MARGO!
How are you? Sorry it's taken me so long to respond to your comment. My sister Andrea set up my blog and didn't tell me. I didn't even know I had one! :-) Your family is so cute. I can't believe you have a little girl that looks like RosePetal! Funny how the gene pool works. Hope everything is going well for you and your family!
Dani Coletti (Escobar)