It finally happened -- the moment we have been waiting for over the last two years! On August 4th, we had a valve-opening party out at Last Chance. Many of our family and friends came out to see the first drops of water in the lake. It was so exciting. We barbequed hamburgers, Rick and Cody both said a few words, and then the water was turned on! The Deseret news was even there taking pictures and we were in the paper the next morning. The kids had a blast playing in the water, and mud! It was so much fun to see this dream come to reality -- is was hard to believe it was actually happening. I had to pinch myself a few times to make sure I wasn't dreaming. Thank you to all of our wonderful friends and family who came out to support this fun moment in our lives!
Thursday, August 28, 2008
Last Chance Lakes
Posted by margo at 3:13 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
9 comments:
I love it!!! Can't wait til we can actually launch our boats! The weenie roast was lots of fun! This will be a place that we will make lots of fun memories!
Can you even believe it? The bonfire looks so fun...and Rick roasting his weenies is so great! OUCH
I hope you weren't on lot 5 for that fire...there could be some fire law suits comin your way!
A big congratulations to you! I know this is truly a dream come true for you and Rick. I'm so happy for you guys!
All the pictures are incredible. I've got to get out there and see it in person. It looks so beautiful.
How incredible. :)
You did it!!! We are so proud of all the hard work and long hours both of you put into this. You never gave up. Look what you accomplished. Can't wait for next summer watching my darling family, grandkids and all having fun.
You did it!!! We are so proud of all the hard work and long hours both of you put into this. You never gave up. Look what you accomplished. Can't wait for next summer watching my darling family, grandkids and all having fun.
Sorry, Didn't mean to repeat myself????????
Congratulations! Dude, you created a lake! That's like being God! I'm gonna need an autograph. Let me know when me and my redneck buddies can come fishing and skinnydipping...at the same time!
Okay, that post above is so funny. I seriously can't stop laughing. You're like God because you created a lake. Soooo funny! I love it
This is so awesome for you guys. The kids look like they had fun. And...has Rick seen your last line on your post?!!!
Post a Comment