Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Happy Anniversary


Today is Rick and my 14th Wedding Anniversary! Wow -- how did I get so lucky to be married to the man of my dreams for 14 years:) Three kids later, three houses, two boats, one cat, I can't remember how many cars, and lots of fun memories -- we are still as happy as ever! Here are the reasons I love Rick and stay married to him...


We have all the same hobbies and love to play together
He is a hard worker and never gives up
He is very patient and loves to teach people things, especially our kids
He is the best waterskiier I have ever seen
He lets me choose the dessert when we go out to eat
I love his big brown eyes and tan skin
He is so handsome
He never complains when I go out with my friends
He always seems to make time for family, even though he has thousands of things on his plate
He is honest
He plays guitar like a rock star
He is smart with money
He has a great sense of humor and is always teasing me or the kids
When he says "oh, by the way" I get nervous about his latest idea
He is always up for an adventure
I love when his eyes get teary when he is talking about something that means a lot to him
I love that he fell in love with me and asked me to marry him all those years ago!

Thanks Rick for the last 14 years! I guess I will renew your contract for another year:)

7 comments:

Liz said...

Happy Anniversary you two!! You are truly perfect for each other! I love ya both to death. Well, not you as much Margo...again, you make me look bad usually. Hey, tell Rick thanks for the sweatshirt...I looovvvee it!

Holly H. said...

Ahhh, that is so awesome! Congrats and Happy Anniversary! :)

Lisa Erskine said...

Happy Anniversary! I can't believe that you've put up with Rick for 14 years! Wow! J/K you know we love Rick! So next year is your 15 year and our 10 year...lets start planning a fun get-away right now!! :)

jenn said...

That is so sweet! Happy Anniversary to the both of you. You are such a great couple, I've never know two people who love to play and have fun as much as you two. Hope the next 14 are as great as the last.

Anonymous said...

Where did those 14 years go. I just remember it being one of the best days of my life and I was the mother of the Bride. Love what you said about Rick. Guess we will keep him!!!!!!!! Couldn't have asked for a better son-in-law.

Misty said...

Ohhhhhh, Happy Anniversary.

kristi said...

Congrats! You two are perfect for each other. I agree that these boys need to plan a killer anniv. trip like we did. We may have to wait a long time. Here's to many more happy years.