We had a blast at the St. George Triathlon, or I guess I should say most of it was a blast! It was VERY windy, so windy they ended up cancelling the swim. Unfortunately, they cancelled it after my group had already started swimming. Needless to say, I made it about 1/2 way and had a boat bring me back to shore. I didn't feel like drowning that day. The great part was the bike and the run. It was my first race on my new road bike that Rick gave me for Christmas. I loved it! The run was really cool -- it was mostly on sand and rocks and there was a very challenging hill. It made me realize I want to do some more of these races, and hope for better water next time. I did the race with Tanya, Jay, Kristi, J.D., Brett and the Warrens. It was fun to have so many friends there with me. Also, a huge thanks to Grandma and Grandpa for taking the kids Friday night and all day Saturday. Its great to have such great grandparents!
I forgot my camera at the race, but I took a picture of my bib and medal (yes, that was really my number. I was a little embarassed at times :]). 

Brent is always so nice to let us invade his home. He has such a beautiful place down there to stay. I'm not sure who had more fun with the nerf guns -- the kids or the adults. There were styrofoam nerf darts flying everywhere all weekend long. 



We were also able to fit in some mountain biking while we were there. We went on the Bear Claw Poppy Trail and had so much fun. I think I laughed most of the way down. While we were all at the triathlon, Rick went and tried out the Gooseberry Mesa ride and absolutely loved it. Then, on Sunday, Rick and Brent took Troy and Lindsie mountain biking and Mallory and I went to the pool!

Tuesday, May 13, 2008
St. George
Posted by margo at 1:41 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
What cute St. George pictures! Next time I want to be there...not participating in the race...but at the pool...or doing Bear Claw Poppy!!! :) Let's do it soon!
P.S. I'm glad you didn't drowned!
Cute new background! Definitely a keeper. I'm glad you guys had such a great time in St. George. Thank you for not drowning. =)
I am totally proud of you. I know you love to run, but these races are such great accomplishments. It is great to be rewarded for doing something so healthy!
The new background is so you! Looks like fun in St. George. Im probablly going to start doing marathons soon just so I can go on all these fun trips. Do they have a marathon that involves picnics and beach bikes?? Just my style. Love ya, hope you had a great mothers day!!!
Ok Margo, you change your background more than I change my underwear! JK - It's really cute though! Looks like you guys had a great time and Brent's house looks awesome!
Hey Margo. I was pokin' around Lisa's blog and found yours! Darling family! Looks like you have plenty of fun! I'm so impressed with your triathlete skills. Maybe if I hang around you more I'll be inspired...but then, maybe not, I'm not sure about the swimming part! Very cute blog!
What a fun weekend! You Olympic distance people amaze me. Next time, I will be prepared. Thanks for the memories.
Post a Comment