I would have to say that this Thanksgiving is going to stand out as one of the very best thanksgivings ever. I have so much to be grateful for this year and I still am overwhelmed by everything that has happened this last month.
I am so grateful for friends who know just what to do for me. A few weeks ago I was telling Rick how much I love to wake up Thanksgiving morning and go for a long run. The last couple of years a few of us have run together in our very own Turkey Trot. Nothing fancy, we would just meet at the park across from my house and go run between 6 - 10 miles. Well this year I was really going to miss this tradition. I had just finished telling Rick about this, when Leah called and told me what they had planned. She and Tanya had been talking and decided to turn our little Turkey Trot into a run/walk in honor of me and my miraculous story! People could come run, or they could walk with me. I can't even tell you how much this meant to me. Leah even had bracelets made that said "The best run ever." I am known for this mantra because after every run I feel like it really was the best run of my life. We all joke around about this every year at ragnar:) knowing that all of my legs are going to be the "best run ever!"
After the race, it took about one hour to completely thaw out. My hands were so cold, they wouldn't even function.
Since I am still on house arrest, Jacquie offered to make the entire thanksgiving feast and bring it to us. See what I mean? People are incredible. I can't believe she would offer to do this. I was so excited to have us all together at our house. I have the best in-laws in the world.
While Grandma and I got ready for dinner, Rick and Grandpa took the kids shooting. It was a nostalgic experience because these were the same guns Rick grew up shooting every Thanksgiving with his cousins and grandpa.
After dinner, my side of the family came to join us for dessert. We had our favorite apple, pumpkin and banana pies. I had to have a slice of each because I couldn't decide which one to try.
Lindsie started a new tradition..."My Thankful Jar." During the month of November, we all wrote down things we are grateful for and put them in the jar. It was so funny to see what Mallory came up with. She is just learning how to read and write, so she just copied words she saw around the house. Some of the funny things were: Indians, hunting, turkey. She found the words out of a book she had made at school. She is so cute.
The day was absolutely PERFECT! I couldn't be more grateful for everything and to everyone, but most of all I am grateful to my Heavenly Father who has blessed my family more than I had ever imagined.
6 comments:
Great post Margo. So glad we were all able to help you this year. It's because of you that THANKSGIVING has a new meaning in our family. We LOVE you!!!!
I am thankful for alot...but I am NOT thankful that you posted that ugly picture of me in my car...I am such a loser! I am so not a fan of cold weather...but when it gets warmer and you are given the 'okay' to run again, I promise that I will start running with you! Maybe we could find a 5K or 10K for starters! :) I love your family too...not only you, Rick, and your kids, but your parents, sisters, and in-laws! They're all great!! Glad you had a good Thanksgiving!
Margo! I have been thinking about you so much over the last month. I keep asking Liz how you are doing. Such a miracle story! I am so happy that things are looking up. You look amazing and that picture of you and Rick makes me cry. You need to blow that up for your house! Please let me know if there is anything we can do for you! :) What sweet friends you have!
Such a sweet post. I loved that Leah and Tanya put on the "best run ever". It was perfect! Chris loved being a part of it. I'm so glad you had such a wonderful Thanksgiving and I too am grateful for your neckbrace instead of seeing you in a wheelchair! :)
I am crying...again...you brat! And mostly because I DIDN'T GET A BRACELET!!! You know I don't run in anything, but I should still get the finishing prize...for heck sakes, I have the darn RAGNAR sweatshirt...now give me the bracelet before someone gets hurt!
I freaking love that picture of you and Rick walking from behind....frame it, frame it, frame it!
Love you guys! Looks like your Thanksgiving was wonderful. And you really are so lucky to have such a great extended family!
P.S.
I forgot to tell you how much Rick shoveling our walks while we were gone meant to both Brandon and I. There wasn't a nicer thing he could have done for my husband. He was seriously stewing about it the last couple days of our trip...he kept bugging me to call one of the neighbor boys and have them do it before it got icy and wrecked the concrete:) lol
Post a Comment