Troy's first Pinewood Derby! Troy's car is the one all by itself in the middle.
Just before the event was about to begin, Rick who was in Washington, called and told Troy there was someone who wanted to talk to Troy on the phone. I handed Troy the phone, and on the other end was Travis Pastrana (Troy's favorite motocross guy). He wished Troy good luck on the Derby, and Troy just about fell over with excitement! Rick had just happened to come across an autograph signing Travis was doing that day at a car dealership. PERFECT TIMING! Troy was so excited.
The excitement didn't stop there..... Troy ended up winning the whole pinewood Derby! It was so funny because we really didn't expect he would win. Troy was just happy to be a part of it. I've never seen the grin on his face so big!
Hayden as George Washington
DANCE RECITAL
Mallory in the "chicken dance."
Lindsie's group did "Thriller"
Mallory has been so sad because Emery broke her arm. Emery hadn't been back to school yet since she had her sling and soft cast on. She was worried the kids would "make fun" of her cast. Mallory really wanted her to come with her, so we wrapped Mallory's arm so Emery wouldn't be the only one with a cast on. It worked! Emery went to school and the kids all loved both of their broken arms:)
5 comments:
That was a great re-cap of everything. That is the biggest smile I've seen on Troy and it's a real smile, not just one of his "picture smiles". I love how we have all been pocahauntas in the family. That costume has gotten a lot of use! Good times!
thats so funny...about the broken arm, what agreat friend...and I still love that story about travis calling troy....so great...
I love that Mallory wore a cast for Emery...what a great idea, Margo! They are (and will always be) such cute friends!! Can't wait til we're a hop, skip, and a jump away!!
The smile on Troy's face at the Pinewood Derby was priceless!! So cute!
I agree with Meg. What a good re-cap of everything you had going on. I wondered how you were ever going to catch up. Yes, we can thank Michele for the indian costume I made for her when she had a date to a costume party in High School. When I made it, I didn't realize how much good it was going to get. Love the picture of Troy and his big win at the pinewood Derby. He will never forget that one!
Perfect catch-up:)
I still laugh at that picture of Mallory and Em, the funniest part is that Mall looks like she really is the injured one...what a ham!
Troy winning the derby was adorable. He was so humble about it, but his face just beamed with pride at the same time. What a super cute little boy you have raised!
And I just can't believe I missed the dance recital! Sounds like I really missed out on some spectacular moves:)
Post a Comment