Every year we start the Christmas festivities at Hogle Zoo for breakfast with Santa. Rick's parents are so nice every year to get tickets and put this together. We have tried other venues, and decided that the Zoo is by far the best one. It is completely catered to the kids and they keep it very small and personal. This year as we walked in Santa and Mrs. Clause immediately recognized our family and asked how Eddie the Elf was doing this year! How great is that!
Mallory was so happy to see Mrs. Clause. They bonded a few years ago and Mal loves to hang out with her.
Lindsie is asking for an IPOD and new clothes.
Troy wants an XBOX 360 and a Razor Power Wing Bike
The kids made a cute ornament in the arts and crafts room
Mallory's new Bff's: Mrs. Clause and Peppermint the elf. Peppermint told Mallory she would go back to the North Pole and get started on the "poofy skirt" she is asking for.
They read stories to the kids. I love it because there aren't a million kids trying to fight for Santa's time. There were maybe 15 kids there, so each kid has as much time as they want to mingle with Santa and his helpers.
One last hug before we leave.
Grampa and the kids
We walked around the zoo and saw all the animals. It was fun to see them all out in the winter.
I couldn't resist..... We were laughing so hard at this giraffe showing off his "better side" He was just standing there like that forever.
After the zoo, we went to Grandma and Grandpa's to celebrate Christmas. This is the first year they won't be home with us. They are going back to Washington DC to be with David, Lisa and cute little Bodie. We will miss them being here, but we had fun celebrating an early Christmas. It was just like Christmas morning. The front room filled with presents and the table all set for lunch!
It's not Christmas without Grandma's sugar cookies!
Troy was so excited to get his Derron William's jersey. He has wanted one for a long time.
He also got a spy gear set. Watch out, Troy is now officially a spy!
Lindsie and Mallory both got new Christmas dresses! Mallory loved her new soft coat and went around asking everyone if they wanted to "pet" her. She was irresistable! Lindsie had her eye on that gold dress for months and told me constantly how much she wanted it.
The best part was at the end of the day when I went to say goodnight to Mallory. She was all bundled up in her new cozy coat Grandma got her. Yes, she slept like this all night long!
We are so blessed to have such wonderful children and such great family all around us. I am constantly reminded how blessed we are at this time in our lives. I am so grateful for my family and the time we get to spend together. I hope I am creating memories for my children that they will hold on to forever.
5 comments:
That looks like so much fun. What a great idea to go to the zoo. I am laughing so hard at the picture of the giraffe and all your butts.
I totally just bought chance the spy kit for xmas....should have known. Of course they want the same things! Maybe you and I can borrow some of their stuff to go on our special spy missions! That is, if we are not too busy playing Mario!!! hee hee
I can't wait until cameron gets a little older and is excited for santa to come....I just won't let him have any "knitting sessions" with Grammy!! LOL How did lindsie react to Santa this year??
That looks like so much fun! I'm with Liz...I love the picture of all of your rears!! I'm just glad Rick left his pants up! :)
Mallory is too cute sleeping in her 'fur' coat!
What a fun thing to do every year. I guess our tradition isn't quite as much fun, but important to keep it up, I hope. Sorry about the knitting session I had with Lindsie. You better start watching me, you never know what I am going to do or say:) That can be our family JOKE forever!
ok how stinken cute is that, how much fun...love all the pictures... you are such a great person and have such a cute family im so glad we are friends...
Post a Comment