Children have a way of making you remember what life is all about: lots of fun, living in the moment, laughing, and celebrating BIRTHDAYS! As I've gotten older, birthdays are just another day for me, but for my kids, my birthday is such an exciting day! Saturday was my b day and Rick had to leave early to go to a physical therapy conference, so we didn't have any big plans. I woke up and went for an amazing run in the crisp fall air. When I got home, Lindsie had made me the best breakfast ever!
What a total sweetheart! She spent all morning making me scrambled eggs and ham, toast and my favorite protein shake. My first thought was, Oh I'm going to have to really pretend like I like her cooking, because there is no way it is going to taste good. How could a 10-year-old be a good cook? I took one bite and couldn't believe how good the eggs were. They were seriously the best eggs I've ever had. And, the protein shake was better than when I make it myself. Lindsie always amazes me with her talents. She is already an incredible cook, does hair way better than I can, sews, knits, and loves to babysit. I guess she got all my hidden domestic qualities that never surfaced in my personality! The best part was that she totally cleaned up the whole mess in the kitchen, you couldn't even tell anyone had been in there. I LOVE that girl!
After breakfast, the kids gave me a pile of presents they had been working on for weeks. Lindsie had Mallory and Troy make me things and wrap them up for me. I got lots of love notes, bracelets they had made, an old pink stuffed animal cat, and lots of pictures. It was so much fun and I felt so much love for these little stinkers who were so excited that mom is having a birthday. I love kids perspective on life!
After the exciting morning, Rick came home early from his conference and we headed out to my PARADISE -- Last Chance! There is no place I would rather be. The day was gorgeous, in the 70's, and the water was crystal clear and glass. I had an amazing birthday ski run!
The water is so clear, you can see the bottom of the lake.
I had to add these cute pictures we took at Grammy and Grampy's.
All the cousins! I wish we could freeze them all at this stage in life. I love my family and am so grateful for them!
4 comments:
your kids are so stinken cute i love it...ok so the out side temp was 70...what was the water temp? you crazy girl..haha we actually went out on the boat that day too it was a super nice day...by the way i do still have a b-day gift for you,im a slacker
You do have very "decent" children! Lindsie is so mature for her age...she will definitely be on the top of my list for babysitters :) I can't wait to do another cousin sleep-over party, they are all so cute together!
Ok, now that you have me crying, I do remember the day all of you brought me breakfast in bed. Now that you are all mom's I guess you can see why I love all of you so much. Just wait until you are a Grandmother and the love doubles:)
Can't believe Lindsie. What a darling! Great Pictures of the Lakes Margo. Love, Mom
Your kids are so sweet. PS - I bet the old pink stuff animal was from Rick, right?!!!
Post a Comment