Monday, September 14, 2009

HOT DOG!

Mallory was asked to give a talk in church on Sunday. The topic was on prophets and we found a cute little talk about how the prophets help us know how we should be living. Mallory spent hours coloring the cute pictures to hold up while she talked into the microphone and told the primary children what she had learned. In the past, Lindsie and Troy have given talks and they were so shy it was hard to hear them even though they had a microphone to project their voices. Well, we all know Mallory isn't shy, so I wasn't concerned about having to bribe her with anything if she did well on her talk. Well, apparently it would have been a good idea to bribe her with something so she wouldn't have created the disaster I am about to tell you. So, she gets up to the microphone and I start to whisper in her ear what to say. Mallory, grabs the microphone with authority and for some reason felt the need to say "HOT DOGS!" All the kids started laughing their heads off, so Mallory decided to say it again "HOT DOGS, HOT DOGS." I don't even know how many times she said it because at that point I was laughing so hard myself I couldn't even stand up straight. All the primary teachers were trying to calm all the kids down and get them to be reverent again. Everytime I thought I had it under control, I started laughing. Tears were streaming down my face. Rick was standing in the back of the room and had to come up and calm both of us down. Me, laughing so hard I'm crying and Mallory laughing so loud into the microphone. Rick told us both to get it together and finish up the talk. I whispered into Mal's ear what to say and she would say it with a goofy voice to make the kids all laugh. We finished up the talk and I ran out of the room laughing so hard I was crying. What in the world was wrong with me ... as a mother, aren't I supposed to be able to compose myself and help my children know when they are behaving inappropriately? Well, apparently I don't have those skills as a mother. I just like to laugh and look like a total idiot. Hmmmm, I wonder where my kids get it from??? The funny thing is as I looked back on the morning while we were getting ready for church, I asked Mallory if she felt ready to give her talk and she said, "Yes, I'm going to say hot dogs!" I didn't think anything of it and just said, "Oh, I will tell you what to say and you can hold the pictures up." She had this planned all along. Today, she told me that she wanted to pretend that she was selling hot dogs to all the kids in the primary. Does anyone know of any good acting classes or stand up comedy classes for this child?

10 comments:

susan hall said...

Hot dogs!!!..where did she get that one?...at least she didnt say vagina....hahaha.. i bet rick was so mad..i wish so bad i could have seen that

Tavan said...

OMG...HILARIOUS!! I can totally seeing you bustin' up!!

Holly H. said...

She is HILARIOUS! And why wouldn't you be laughing?! Thank goodness for Rick being the responsible adult that he is... you might've gotten kicked out of primary. They mean business in there! :)

Liz said...

That was the best moment ever. I was laughing so hard that tears were running down my face as I'm trying to pull my primary class together as they are all chanting "hot dog" right along with Mal.
Never a dull moment with that little ray of sunshine around. Gotta love that girl!

Liz said...

P.S. Rick was trying just as hard as everyone else to hold it together. Even "he" had to try really hard not to break down in laughter...I could see it in his face!!!! ha ha ha so funny.

The Wride Family said...

That is the funniest stroy ever!!! She is sooooo funny!! I wish I could have been there. Where does she get it from her mom or dad???!!!! She is so cute I lover her. Just remember it could have been alot worse. I know some of the things that little cutie has said!!! lol:)

The Wride Family said...

That is the funniest stroy ever!!! She is sooooo funny!! I wish I could have been there. Where does she get it from her mom or dad???!!!! She is so cute I lover her. Just remember it could have been alot worse. I know some of the things that little cutie has said!!! lol:)

Lisa Erskine said...

She is too funny! Try being the one with her when she said to the larger woman in the dressing room..."Wow, that lady has a FAT BOOTY"!!! You're lucky that "hot dogs" was all she said!! Never a dull moment with Mallory around...we love her!!!

Aimee said...

I love that you started laughing that hard. You have such a fun-loving personality, what kid doesn't want that in a mommy? The opposite of laughter is either tears or anger... I'd take laughing!

jenn said...

Okay, that is the funniest story ever! Olivia has been telling EVERYONE about it. Chris told the kids about it and she can't stop talking about it! That Mallory, she is worth her weight in gold.