Monday, July 13, 2009

Summertime Fun


We have been spending a lot of time out at last chance. It is so fun to watch this place coming together. It's neat how we really appreciate the little things ... like grass, the spiral staircase, the boat lift. It's kind of nice that everything isn't being done all at once, it really makes us appreciate each and every improvement.

Nicole and Lindsie enjoying the fresh new sand Cody dumped on the beach!


Priceless....

The kids favorite activity is jumping off the roof of the boat house. Lindsie and Nicole jumped constantly for two whole days -- over and over and over.
Ready, set.......

GO.....


Mallory is learning to ski


She's skiing right off the swim deck... perfect way to start!


Mallory dressed the kittens in their own shirts (they were her webkinz clothes)


What a funny sight -- I laugh every time I see these pictures
We said good bye to each kitten as we found homes for all of them. My kids were very sad to see them go, but the good news is that we suckered our friends into adopting them, so my kids can go visit them anytime!

Lindsie has been loving cheerleading. She has cheer practice three days a week and is getting so good at it.
Here they are warming up for the Saratoga parade



Troy has found his love with baseball. He is on a team with all of his neighborhood friends. I love watching Troy because the kid always has a huge smile on his face!



Don't ever let Rick tell you he hates cats! He secretly loved having the kittens. I caught him a few times playing with them and letting them crawl on his back while working on his computer!



This was one of the most amazing days of my life. Some friends of ours invited Shaun Murray (pro wakeboarder) out to Last Chance. Talk about TALENT! This guy not only was the nicest guy around, he put on the best wakeboarding show I have ever seen. He was flying through the air landing trick after trick so gracefully. Most of the tricks he did, I didn't even know if they were humanly possible. My favorite part was when he did the slalom course on his wakeboard and between each bouy he threw a different flip --- and he made all SIX balls! Wow -- there is no way I will ever forget what I saw this day.
Yes, Shaun Murray sitting on the back of my boat!











Another Amazing Day:: We are starting to put together the disabled waterski program. This was the first day we were getting training on how to use the equipment and teach the skiers how to ski.

Here is a below knee amputee tearing it up through the slalom course!
This girl was having so much fun on the sit ski. Notice the jet ski in the back ground. They follow her to help her if she falls and when she is finished skiing.

We are so excited for this program and can't wait to see it start coming together. It is so much fun to watch Rick put his knowledge of physical therapy and his love of skiing together!

So many of our friends came out to volunteer with this program. I have a feeling this is going to be the best part of Last Chance. I watched how appreciative these athletes were and how hard they have to work to have fun like this. It made me so grateful we have such a great facility they can come and use. Just to not have to deal with other boats in the water or choppy water makes such a difference!

Oh how I love SUMMERTIME!

4 comments:

Lisa Erskine said...

What a great summer...so far! It's been so much fun having Last Chance for a little get-away every now and then! I can't believe that Lindsie and Nicole jumped off the boat house over and over...I don't think you could get me to do it once!!! Brave girls! :)

janet/grammy said...

Can't believe these wonderful pictures. I am so proud of you guys trying to help the disabled have fun! Maybe there is hope for me?????? Always love seeing our darling grandkids having fun. Would have loved to see Shaun Murray. Glad you got these pictures. Love, Mom

Meg said...

Fun, fun, and more fun! I can't wait to get out there. It was cool to see Rick on the news tonight talking about the disabled water skiers. I am laughing at the cats and Mallor, I was waiting to see the little Mexico orange shirt on one of them :)

Holly H. said...

Last Chance is such a great place! Love all your pics, and can't wait to get there again soon!! :)