Sunday, January 27, 2008

Last Chance Lakes



Well, I can't believe the lake is really under construction. This has been our life dream. I guess after this we can just enjoy. I can't think of any more goals I want to accomplish. It is going to be amazing to have our own private waterski lake. Glass water 24/7. What more could we ask for? Rick amazes me with his ability to do the "impossible." He has never given up through out this entire project (I know it's not done yet!) I think back to all the hurdles and hoops we have had to jump through. It all started with the "testimony meeting" (Chris,Jason,Brent, and Rick's parents experienced this with us) at the Tooele County Town meeting with farmers who wanted to hang Rick -- until he won them over and made them his friends (lunch at the Silver Sage every week), water rights engineers who were not easy to deal with, environmentalists who wanted to protect the green speckled frogs and June sucker fish (yea--I thought the June sucker fish only lived in Utah lake -- apparently not. I think they use that excuse for everything). Rick has figured out how to be a developer -- who knows how to do that without some sort of training? That is just a few of the mountains we have had to conquer. I would have given up long ago, but Rick has a gift that keeps him going -- he has incredible mental strength. I'm not kidding when I say he works on this project from the minute he wakes up in the morning (6:00 am) until he goes to bed at night (3:00 am) The lake is going to have 19 home lots, each with a private dock and boat lift, lights on the lake for night skiing, wake boarding rails, volleyball and tennis courts, a pavilion/logde, separate fishing pond, horse stables, and a motorcross track. Pretty fun! Ohhhh, I love to waterski. I get butterflies just thinking about it.
Troy is helping with the excavation!

7 comments:

Holly H. said...

That is so amazing! I am so happy for you guys. It's so great to actually see a dream come true. Can't wait 'til its done, so we can come and check it out!

jenn said...

Margo, look at you go! This really is your best post EVER! =)

I still can't believe that you are building your own ski lake. YOUR OWN SKI LAKE FOR PETE'S SAKE! Do you feel like you need to randomly pinch yourself at times? I would. It really is amazing. We have the coolest friends.

The ad looks awesome by the way!

Janet/Grammy said...

This great

Janet/Grammy said...

You are right Margo, Rick is incredible, but so are you. I can't believe all that you two have done. You have such adorable children, I think that you should have 3 more. Of course, this is coming from a proud Grandma, Maybe you should start teaching a potty training class

Melanie Rojas said...

Hey Margo! How awesome is that! That will be such a fun place when all is said and done. Sounds like it will be all uphill from now on. Congrats.

jenn said...

I so need a new post from you! Show me the love (or give me some sugar as Jason would say)! =)

Missed you guys on Saturday. Hope you had fun.

Holly H. said...

I say ditto to Jenn. It's been 2 weeks... come on! :)