Monday, October 24, 2011

Sundance Get-away!!!

Rick surprised me for my birthday and took me up to Sundance for the weekend!
The weather was PERFECT and all the leaves were so pretty.
Here is the cute place we stayed in!!! It was like our very own private cabin in the forest




Okay, so enough pictures of me all by myself... it was time to set up the timer on the camera. This is always a joke to see if we can figure out how to set up the camera and then run back and get into the picture before it goes off!
Here is Rick trying to hurry and sit down....oops there goes the camera
Second try..... (ok, lets change the settings to give us more time)
Oh, perfect.... Rick made it in time and were are both in the picture. We didn't realize that he had set it to take 10 pictures in a row...we thought it was 10 seconds to get ready. ha ha
the camera just kept on taking picture, after picture, after picture


Rick showed off his fire-building skills

We had so much fun, we didn't want to leave!!!
On Sunday, we enjoyed the beautiful Sundance trails on our mountain bikes. It was the perfect birthday treat ever!!! I wish I had pictures of us biking, but we were having too much fun to remember to take any- ha ha.
We had just finished biking and almost to the car when I get a phone call from Lisa (She had my kids). Mallory fell off a table at church (table dancing again), and is still complaining her head hurts. She wouldn't stop crying (which isn't like Mallory). As I was on the phone with Lisa, Mallory said it was hard to see...she described that she could only see 1/2 of Lisa and everything was blurry. This freaked me out, and we decided we needed to get her to the hopsital. Lisa started driving and we started driving, and we met off the freeway. Poor Mallory was sooo tired, her head hurt, she couldn't see, and she started throwing up in the car. We rushed up to Primary Children's to find out she had a concussion. What a fun way to end our get-away, but we were so grateful she was okay. By the end of the night, she was feeling much better:)
Thank you to my loving husband who always knows how to make life fun and exciting... It was the BEST BIRTHDAY EVER!

3 comments:

janet/grammy said...

Love your pictures. You two have to be the funniest people alive. And to think you ended up in the hospital again this year right around the same time as you did last year. Thank heaven Mallory is ok. Thank Heaven you were ok last year, Margo!!!!!! I think we should maybe forget about October next year:)

Meg said...

Shut up! I am laughing so hard about the 10 pictures in a row, that is so funny!

Liz said...

I agree with Meg...I love the 10 shots in a row! I'm laughing out loud. And what is Rick pointing to in the bottom photo? ha ha ha
That place looked absolutely amazing and cozy. So glad you were able to get away for your 45th Birthday:)