Sunday, January 3, 2010

Christmas

Christmas Eve
We went to my parents house for Christmas Eve dinner. My mom always has a fabulous meal prepared and the excitement is in the air waiting for Santa to come. My kids were so excited they could hardly stand it, and we could hardly stand them (just kidding)







We laughed when we looked over and saw Cameron "hanging" with the cousins


When we got home, it was time to open new pajamas, robes, and slippers

We carefully placed the cookies, milk, and carrot for rudolph by the fire! Then off to bed, except for Mallory who was determined to "catch" Santa this year. She kept on sneaking out of her room to see if he was here yet. FINALLY, she fell asleep after we convinced her Santa would not come if she was awake.
Christmas Morning
I don't think the kids could have been cuter. They were so excited to see all their new toys.
Mallory got her barbie house
Lindsie got a new wakeboard
and a hot pink IPOD
Peppermint, the elf from Breakfast with Santa, left Mallory her "poofy skirt" she asked for.
Yea: XBOX and Rockband!
Troy got his ride-ripper 360 and a magic kit

This was priceless!

The kids were so excited to give dad his gifts. Lindsie helped pay for all her gifts this year and was very excited to participate in the "giving" part of Christmas. She noticed Rick was in terrible need of new scriptures. She was more excited over getting him new scriptures than she was about any other gift this Christmas. She is such a sweet girl with such a BIG heart.
Troy playing with his new tech deck ramp
Rick surprised me with a new Flip video camera. It even has a picture of me waterskiing on the front of it.
Are we surprised to see Mallory in her swimsuit and poofy skirt?? No, of course not, just what we all love to do: hang out in our swimsuits on Christmas day!

We just stayed in our jammies all day and jammed out with Rock Band!



It was so nice not to have to go anywhere the whole day. Family and friends just came to visit and we ate and played with all the fun new toys.

The funniest part of the whole day was watching my mom, who just informed us that she has always wanted to play the drums, rock out with the family. I never knew my mom dreamed of being a drummer. She was quite the musician when she got a hold of those drum sticks!
Funny, cute, little Grammy on the drums!

10 comments:

Lisa Erskine said...

Another Christmas has come and gone!! Where does time go?? Your Mom looks cute on those drums...and NO...we're not suprised at all to see Mallory in her swimsuit in December!! Silly girl! Glad you had a good one!

susan hall said...

wow..looks alot like our christmas..cant believe it has come and gone already...what agreat holiday...

Meg said...

We had fun hangin out on Christmas Day...wish we could have stayed longer, but Cameron was worn out by the end of the day! I think that is so funny mom has always wanted to play the drumbs. Maybe she should go over there more often, it might be therapeutic for her ;)

janet/grammy said...

Rick needs to give me lessons on the drums:) Sorry to have all the fun end, but something tells me this new year won't lack for excitment! Love, Mom

Janet/grammy said...

I just went back and looked at all the Christmas pictures again. Meg is a scream, how did she get in the 2nd picture down with you and Janessa? I am still laughing:)

Margo said...

ha ha ha -- I had no idea what you were talking about until I went back and looked. That is hillarious!

Liz said...

I didn't know Mal got the Barbie house...I'm coming over to play that right now!
I love the pictures of your mom Playing Rock Band...Linds is giving you that look like "oh geez...grandma is crazy." So funny.

The Wride Family said...

Looks like a fun christmas. I love your mom rocking out on Rock Band!! Kage was so excited Troy got a Xbox 360. It is so nice to stay in your PJ's all day and just hang out with the family!!

jenn said...

A perfect Christmas.

The cutest is your mom and the drums...priceless!

ps- I'm so glad your leg is okay. ;)

Holly H. said...

Love seeing your cute Christmas pics Margo! Your kids are adorable... and you've never looked better!! :)