Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Cheer

On Halloween morning, Lindsie had her first Cheer Competition!
Her squad has been working so hard all summer (3 practices a week) to learn their cheers, dances, and stunts. Now all their hard work is paying off. I can't believe how good they are. They took 2nd place for 5th grade.
Go WEST LAKE THUNDER


Lindsie and Addie
Addie is the friend who talked, and I mean talked, Lindsie into doing cheer. Lindsie's first response was "NO", but cute Addie didn't give up until she agreed to it. Good thing, because Lindsie has learned so much and has had a blast doing it.

Kristin, Liz, & Morgan
Thank goodness for these three gals! Kristin and Liz were the cheer moms. You know, the ones who everyone complains to about everything, forgets to notice all the hard work they are putting into making it just right for our girls, AND they don't realize they are just doing this out of the kindness of their hearts, their love for cheer, and are NOT even getting paid!
Morgan is the cheer coach. We could not have asked for a better coach. She knew just how hard to push the girls, but could also recognize when they needed to break down crying and join in for a group hug!
Thank you so much for all your time devoted to these girls. They will never forget their first experience with Cheer.


Liz, Jenn, and I were teary-eyed messes as we watched our daughters perform with huge smiles on their faces, having the time of their lives!
I just love Lindsie -- she puts her whole heart and soul into everything she does. I am so proud to be her mom!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow!!!! Lindsie sure looks like she had fun with cheer. Whatever Lindsie does she does perfect! Way to go Lindsie. We love you. Grammy and Grampy

Meg said...

Too bad we missed it! Lindsie knows how to enjoy life and likes to do a lot of different things... hopefully she won't get caught up in the "girl drama".

Lisa Erskine said...

What cute girls! Lindsie is such a great girl...so sweet to always include Elle in everything she does! I know Brielle always looks up to her!! We just love Lindsie!! Go Thunder!!

Liz said...

They were so, so cute! I'm so glad Lindsie and Addie did this together! It was so fun to be their cheer mom and watch them all grow together!! They worked so hard. And I'm so happy that Lindsie made the decision to try out...she was AWESOME!