Monday, April 27, 2009

San Diego

For Spring Break we took the kids on a trip to San Diego. We had such a great time playing with our kids. We kept very busy visiting the Wild Animal Park, the zoo and Sea World. Sea World was a total blast. We were so amazed with the dolphins and Shamu ... at one point Troy turned to me and said, "mom, isn't this impossible?" It did seem pretty impossible to train these animals like they do. Lindsie and I decided in our next lives we are going to become dolphin trainers! I looks like so much fun to surf on the back of killer whale.

Mallory's 4th birthday was on Wednesday and we celebrated by driving to Disneyland. We spent the day there for her and she had a blast riding all the rides and watching parades. Her favorite ride was Pirates of the Carribean. She said the steep hills "tickled her tummy." She was in heaven! Lindsie and Troy had fun too. Rick TOLERATED it, and made sure we all knew that Disneyland was NOT the happiest place on earth. He is definately not a fan of rides and the crowds. He was a good sport to let us go. He was very happy when we were headed to the car to leave and go back to San Diego.

The beach was so pretty. Lindsie, Troy, and I rented boards and rode the waves in for hours -- we were having the time of our lives. Mallory and Dad played in the sand and enjoyed the sunshine. I would love to go back and just spend more time on the beach. What an amazing family vacation!

5 comments:

jenn said...

Oh, so fun! I'm so glad you guys got to get away. The weather here was the total pits. Sunshine and California sounds much better!

I'm glad to hear that you loved Sea World so much. We've never taken our kids there {we, unlike Rick, DO think Disneyland is the happiest place on earth so we have a hard time not going there if we're going to Cali.} but I think we probably should give it a try! It looks like fun.

Glad you had a great time together as a family.

Meg said...

Cute pics! I can't believe they still have that ape statue...I remember we have a picture of the 3 of us & dad sitting on that ape when we were little!

janet/Grammy said...

What a wonderful trip. Darling Pictures. So glad you got one of Mallory sleeping. It wouldn't be a part of your blog if you didn't have a picture of Mallory asleep somewhere. I am like Meg. I remember the ape! It seems like just yesterday we took you kids there. Where have the years gone???

Lisa Erskine said...

I can't wait to take my kids to Sea World...someday!! I didn't think our last years Spring Break St. George trip could be beat...but it looks like San Diego takes the cake!! I'm glad you guys had so much fun!!

Liz said...

I'm so jealous. That looks like such a blast. What a great thing for your cute family to get away and spend so much needed time together. The only thing that would have made it better is if the Mackay's had shown up by accident!!!!