We spent Spring Break in Cancun with the Erskines!
We stayed at the all-inclusive Gran Caribe Resort and had the time of our lives. We were so excited to go with the Erskines because our kids all have so much fun together and get along so well.
We stayed at the all-inclusive Gran Caribe Resort and had the time of our lives. We were so excited to go with the Erskines because our kids all have so much fun together and get along so well.
All pasty white, suffering from "lack of sun" disorder
Our room had a little patio with a hammock that walked right out to the kids area or you could walk right down to the beach. The kids area had a fun tennis court, swimming pools, and waterslides.
We adventured out and rented a 16 passenger van! Cocoa Ricky was our tour guide and Jason the navigator! It was hillarious--we all jumped into this van and went exploring for the day
We found this place called Akamal: incredible snorkeling. Mallory and Emery were scared at first to jump in with all the fish, but it didn't take long before they were naming all the fish and having a blast.
So many people told us we HAD to see the Tulum ruins. Both Lisa and I said we didn't really like to see things that are ruined, but we agreed to go anyway. LOL. It ended up being a ton of fun and the kids loved seeing these rock buildings that were built over 2000 years ago.
It was soooo HOT....we had to keep reminding ourselves that it was a snow storm at home and the heat felt sooooo good. We went and took a dip in the ocean to cool off:)
These photographers brought this iguana by the poolside for the kids to hold. I hurried and snapped a picture before they told me I couldn't. They wanted us to buy the pictures they took. We found out that people in Mexico aren't very nice about taking our own pictures...they want to make money off us!
The Beach at Night!!!
The hotel had a fun outside bar on the beach with hammocks and swings....we had endless pina coladas!
The kids area was a blast! It was so nice because we just layed on a lounge and the kids played and played and played. They would run from slide to slide and every now and then go order another strawberry-banana drink!
Can you believe how not-crowded it was!!! Look at all those empty lounges. We felt like we had our own private resort. I guess Mexico has a bad rap right now because of all the violence going on around the border. We didn't let a little violence stop us --- Oh no, nothing was going to stop us from this tropical vacation. I love how Rick is totally passed out on the lounge --
The water was so nice and warm -- even Lisa didn't mind getting in.
It was so cute--Mallory and Emery made friends with this little girl, Courtney, from Michigan. They were the best of friends instantly!
The waves were perfect for boogie boarding!
The waves were perfect for boogie boarding!
I can still hear Lisa's scream... the same scream she has when she sees a bee or a balloon. ha ha
I love how the wave is knocking Troy out!
another great wave!
We met some people from Utah, who gave us this amazing kite. They didn't want to pack it...the kids had so much fun flying it.
Troy and Rick fit a little baseball practice in every day!

Rick and Jason took the boys for a kayak adventure!
Bubba Gumps Resturant was across the street from our hotel!


One night we went to Maria's Mexican resturant in the hotel. We had to take a picture of the gum stuck to Lisa's menu. I wonder how long that has been there?
trying not to intake too much salt. hee hee
We were laughing our heads off. It was so much fun!
Shark, Jason, attacks Caden's foot. How funny!
We met some people from Utah, who gave us this amazing kite. They didn't want to pack it...the kids had so much fun flying it.
Troy and Rick fit a little baseball practice in every day!
Rick and Jason took the boys for a kayak adventure!
Bubba Gumps Resturant was across the street from our hotel!
One night we went to Maria's Mexican resturant in the hotel. We had to take a picture of the gum stuck to Lisa's menu. I wonder how long that has been there?
7 comments:
What a FUN TRIP! Looks like everything was perfect! Remember the family trip we took with our friends, the Hadleys? Wasn't anything like this one! We haven't talked to them since. So glad you all get along so well & had such a GREAT time!
Oh my...I want to go back RIGHT NOW! We had so much fun with you guys! You're right about the water temp...you know it has to be warm if I'm in it! Don't you think we should make this a Spring Break tradition?? Beach, sun, Cocoa-Romo tours, all-you-can-drink pina coladas and strawberry banana daquaries, ruins :), amigos, great Mexican food...NOT, ice-cream, sand in every crack and creavase! I could go on and on!! We love you guys and had the BEST time ever!! Thanks for the memories! "Ariba"
I love that picture at the end with Lindsie and the dolphin. I have always wanted to swim with dolphins or sharks....guess dolphins would be a little more safe :)
Still laughing at the gum on Lisa's menu! ha ha ha ha ha...made my day!
Are you even kidding me with the color of that water....gorgeous! That looked like the best tropical vacation ever! I can't believe it was that non-crowded over spring break...how nice! The kids all look so cute and happy...I bet they just fell in bed at night from all the fun!
Looks like good times!
Oh, that looks like pure heaven! SO happy for you guys that you got to go enjoy paradise together. Fun, fun, fun! :)
Looks amazing!! I must go there soon! And, if you don't mind, will you please wear that sombrero next time I see you?
Post a Comment