Troy advanced from his yellow belt to his yellow belt with black stripe! He is really enjoying karate and is very good at it. He goes twice a week and looks forward to going each week. At the belt test he had to memorize this Studen Creed:
To build true confidence through knowledge in the mind, honesty in the heart, and strength in the body.
To keep friendship withone another, and to build a strong and happy community.
Never fight to achieve selfish ends, but to develop might for right.
I am not afraid of anthing or anyone. I have strength, power, conviction, and confidence.
I like challenges and I meet them head on, face to face, today especially.
After he recited the student creed, he had to stand up in front of everyone and do his "form" which consists of a series of punches, blocks, and kicks. It is really a lot to memorize and he had to stay very focused.
8 comments:
He is so dang cute! I have really noticed a difference that when you talk to him he looks you in the eye. What kid does that? Sooo neat.
That is a lot to memorize...I don't think I could even do that. Way to go Troy!
He was so proud of himself that day he showed all of us his form! I wish we could have seen him the day he did it...maybe for his green belt.
yay go troy i wish ethan would have stuck with it... what a great thing to know how to do
He is such a cute kid and growing up so fast! Tell him to keep up the good work so he can always protect his future wife!! :) Way to go, Troy!
Way to go Troy. You are growning up so fast! Wish we all lived closer so we could be to everything you are doing. Guess I envy your Grat-Grandmother Murdoch, She didn't have far to go to see all her Grandchildren everyday! We love you and are so PROUD of you, xx-00-xx- Grammy and Grampy.
Troy is such a stud.
Way to go!
That is so great! Way to go Troy!! If his mom could understand english he might be a black belt already!!! LOL
Post a Comment